The Liquid Facelift is a non-surgical facial treatment that incorporates the use of Facial Muscle Relaxant Injections and Hyaluronic Acid Products, to address the visible signs of ageing, specifically, to treat facial lines and wrinkles, address volume loss, increase skin hydration and improve skin health.
How does it work?
A key ingredient to maximising the aesthetic outcome of the Liquid Facelift treatment, is ensuring that your cosmetic injector is highly trained and skilled in performing injectable treatments. At Bella Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on ensuring that we go far above and beyond the industry standard when it comes to cosmetic injectable training.
Another key element of this the Liquid Facelift treatment is a detailed consultation with you to understand your aesthetic outcomes. Working closely with you, we will recommend a treatment approach that will deliver the results you are seeking.
Finally, we use only the highest quality Facial Muscle Relaxant Injections and Hyaluronic Acid products, to optimise treatment outcomes, including the longevity of your treatment.
Facial Muscle Relaxant Injections are an effective non-surgical treatment method to prevent and reduce the appearance of unwanted fine lines and wrinkles. The product is a natural purified protein, that is prescribed by a Medical Practitioner and can be administered by a Medical Practitioner and or a Registered Nurse, while under the supervision of a Medical Practitioner.
About Hyaluronic Acid Injections
Hyaluronic acid is a gel-like product that is injected into the skin at different depths to provide facial volume and augment facial features.
At Bella Plastic Surgery we use the highest quality hyaluronic acid products to achieve long-lasting results. Hyaluronic acid products are comprised of complex sugar molecules which are naturally occurring within your body, and which bind with water to support your skin and increase volume.
About Facial Muscle Relaxant Injections
Lines and wrinkles are primarily formed through the repetitive contraction of facial muscles. Facial Muscle Relaxant injections work by inhibiting neurotransmitters, thereby preventing the muscles from contracting. For example, facial muscle relaxant products can be used to relax the muscles around the eyes to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet.
Every non-surgical procedure involves a certain amount of risk, and it is important that you understand these risks and the possible complications associated. The majority of patients do not experience the following, but you should discuss each possible risk with your physician to ensure that you understand the risks and can make an informed decision regarding your treatment.
Common side effects may occur immediately or maybe delayed and include but are not limited to the following:
- Inflammatory Reactions (swelling, Skin redness)
Other adverse reactions may include:
- Induration or nodules
- Skin Discoloration
- Weak filling effect
- Infections including abscesses, granuloma, hypersensitivity
Extremely rare but serious adverse events associated with intravascular injection of hyaluronic acid based products, have been reported and include temporary and permanent visual impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral haemorrhage, leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying structures.
The following are very common side effects after treatment and should resolve with time.
- Puncture Marks
To prevent and/or help minimise any bruising after your treatment:
- Application of a cold compress to the treatment area immediately and for at least 15minutes after.
- The regular intermittent application of cold packs during the first 24-48 hours may be beneficial. A cycle to consider is 10min on and 5min off.
- Sleep with the head elevated for the first evening.
- Vigorous exercise can increase blood pressure and aggravate any bruising that is developing – therefore, exercise should be avoided for the first 24 hours.
- You should avoid extreme heat for the first 24hrs (or until bruising has resolved).
- Topical creams that may help with bruising – reduction in the development and helping in the resolution.
- Arnica cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution.
- Vitamin k cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution.
Final Results – Your final results can take 2-4 weeks. You are very likely to require further treatments, in order to achieve your desired results.
Aftercare – Please contact the clinic immediately 1300 373 662 if you experience any inflammatory reaction and/or side effect. Late onset inflammatory response may occur at least 2 months after injection. If necessary, additional treatments, medications and/or surgery may be necessary.
If out of hours, please attend your local medical centre or emergency department.
- You may return to your normal activities (including driving immediately post treatment
- Please cleanse face with water and gentle cleanser. Avoid any active ingredients.
- Avoid makeup for at least 12 hours
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and extreme temperatures for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treatment area. 1
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, IPL, laser or any other skin treatments for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
As part of your post-treatment care plan, you will be provided with verbal and written post-treatment instructions.