‘Kiss Me’ Lip Augmentation
We are excited to introduce our new ‘Kiss Me’ Lip Augmentation Treatment, a unique lip treatment technique offered only by Bella Plastic Surgery. This treatment technique is designed to provide a non-surgical Cupid’s Bow lift, create well-defined lip boards and enhance the overall size of the lips – and importantly, leaving your lips looking as natural as possible!
What is the Kiss Me Lip Augmentation Treatment?
A plump pout can be seen as an icon of sensuality. For many years women and men have tried all sorts of devices, injectables, surgery, facial rejuvenation, over the counter plumping products and massage therapies to achieve pucker perfection – mostly with disappointing results. Modern-day non-surgical lip augmentation uses injectable gel-like products (Hyaluronic Acid) to enhance, and as required, restructure the lips.
The ‘ideal’ lips can be viewed as full, natural-looking, well-defined, having a strong Cupid’s bow (the V-shaped area of the upper lip). Features such as the lip border, balance between the top and bottom lip, and symmetry, are each an essential element for achieving luscious lips. In addition, it may also be appealing when the rich ridges connecting the upper lip to the nose (philtra columns) provide a well-defined curve.
Younger women are often wanting fuller lips to enhance their natural features and to feel more sensuous and feminine. Over time, a loss of the lip volume can occur and replacing diminished lip volume.
There are many types of hyaluronic acid based products used to enhance the lips. Hyaluronic acid is comprised of complex sugar molecules (found naturally throughout the body), and which bind with water to support the skin up, create volume and help reduce creases.
At Bella Plastic Surgery, we use high quality hyaluronic acid based products to create soft, natural looking and well-defined lips. High quality products augment the natural contours of the lips and add fullness that looks and feels natural.
The products used for lip augmentation can also be used to fill deep creases, grooves, and lines, add volume to cheeks, and even smooth out lumps and bumps on the nose.
Does it hurt?
The Kiss Me Lip Augmentation Treatment is well tolerated with the use of topical and/or local anaesthetic which is administered prior to treatment.
What is the cost?
The cost for the Kiss Me Lip Augmentation Treatment is subject to the type of hyaluronic acid product being used, and the volume of the product being used – hyaluronic acid based products typically have a volume of 1ml per syringes. that is required to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome. Please call us today for a discussion on the cost of you’re the particular treatment you are seeking.
What is the recovery time?
Typically, the Kiss Me Lip Augmentation Treatment will not interfere with your day-to-day lifestyle. However, from an aesthetic perspective, your lips will become swollen and bruised following the Kiss Me Lip Augmentation Treatment and this state will continue for a number of days to a week post-treatment. It is important that you plan your treatments as required.
Every non-surgical procedure involves a certain amount of risk, and it is important that you understand these risks and the possible complications associated. The majority of patients do not experience the following, but you should discuss each possible risk with your physician to ensure that you understand the risks and can make an informed decision regarding your treatment.
Common side effects may occur immediately or maybe delayed and include but are not limited to the following:
- Inflammatory Reactions (swelling, Skin redness)
Other adverse reactions may include:
- Induration or nodules
- Skin Discoloration
- Weak filling effect
- Infections including abscesses, granuloma, hypersensitivity
Extremely rare but serious adverse events associated with intravascular injection of hyaluronic acid based products have been reported and include temporary and permanent visual impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral haemorrhage, leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying structures.
Post Procedure Care
The following are very common side effects after treatment and should resolve with time.
- Puncture Marks
To prevent and/or help minimise any bruising after your treatment:
- Application of a cold compress to the treatment area immediately and for at least 15minutes after.
- The regular intermittent application of cold packs during the first 24-48 hours may be beneficial. A cycle to consider is 10min on and 5min off.
- Sleep with the head elevated for the first evening.
- Vigorous exercise can increase blood pressure and aggravate any bruising that is developing – therefore, exercise should be avoided for the first 24 hours.
- You should avoid extreme heat for the first 24hrs (or until bruising has resolved).
- Topical creams that may help with bruising – reduction in the development and helping in the resolution.
- Arnica cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution
- Vitamin k cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution
Final Results – Your final results can take 2-4 weeks. Generally speaking, three-four mls of Hyaluronic Acid is required to achieve optimal aesthetic results.
Aftercare – Please contact the clinic immediately 1300 373 662 if you experience any inflammatory reaction and/or side effect. Late onset inflammatory response may occur at least 2 months after injection. If necessary, additional treatments, medications and/or surgery may be necessary.
If out of hours, please attend your local medical centre or emergency department.
- You may return to your normal activities (including driving immediately post-treatment.
- Please cleanse face with water and gentle cleanser. Avoid any active ingredients.
- Avoid makeup for at least 12 hours
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and extreme temperatures for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treatment area.
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, IPL, laser or any other skin treatments for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
As part of your post-treatment care plan, you will be provided with verbal and written post-treatment instructions.