Bio-Remodelling Injectable Treatment contains high concentrations of hyaluronic acid to provide skin improvement to the face, neck, decolletage, hands and other areas of the body that might be of concern.
What is Bio-Remodelling?
Bio-Remodelling is an injectable treatment, primarily made up of hyaluronic acid – the same key ingredient used in volumising hyaluronic acid products however, these two products are very different.
Volumising hyaluronic acid products are injected into areas of the face and body, to provide an overall enhancement to one or more areas, such as cheek or lip enhancement.
Bio-Remodeling Injectable treatment is hyaluronic acid-based product however, it contains contrasting properties to traditional volumising hyaluronic acid products, that are designed to remodel aged and sagging skin. This is achieved through the prolonged stimulation of collagen and elastin, leading to visible skin improvement and improved firmness of the skin.
Unlike most volumising hyaluronic acid products, the Bio-Remodelling injectable treatment can be placed superficially under the skin, to target and reduce poor skin texture, fine lines, and skin irregularities.
With age, the loss of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid can be seen externally, with noticeable skin texture changes, the formation of facial lines and skin laxity which is often very noticeable around the eyes, mouth, and jowl areas.
Bio-Remodelling injectable treatment contains high concentrations of hyaluronic acid to provide improvement to the face, neck, decolletage, hands and other areas of the body that might be of concern.
How does the Bio-Remodelling injectable treatment work?
The Bio-Remodelling treatment uses a patented technology to combat the ageing process. Bio-Remodelling stimulates cell growth by activating collagen and elastin to increase skin elasticity and improve crepey, poor textured skin, to provide a healthier and smoother looking skin.
Benefits of Bio-Remodelling Injectable Treatment
The benefits of this treatment are really in the name – it is a remodelling treatment that addresses not just superficial age-related skin concerns, but also targets the deeper layers of the skin to provide tangible, visible results.
The benefits of Bio-Remodelling include:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Improves skin texture and skin irregularities
- Stimulates the formation of new collagen and elastin cells
- Significant improvement in skin hydration
- Minimally invasive procedure
Bio-Remodelling treatment involves the injection of small aliquots of product, just below the skin’s surface. The treatment consultation and the treatment process are very comprehensive, and we recommend allowing at least one hour for your appointment.
How many Bio-Remodelling injectable treatments do I need?
For maximum results, we recommend three treatments to be performed in monthly intervals. However, some patients are satisfied with the results from just one treatment and may decide to return several months later for another treatment. As with most skin treatments, the results from Bio-Remodelling can vary, depending on the condition of your skin and your overall health and lifestyle.
How long will the results last?
While results may vary depending on the presentation of your skin’s health and your overall health, after just one treatment you will see an immediate improvement of the treated area. You will continue to see an improvement in your skin over the ensuing month and the results from a single treatment can last for up to six months. To achieve greater longevity of results, it is important that you continue with the recommend three treatments.
Can I combine Bio-Remodelling treatment with other treatments?
Yes, you can incorporate other treatments with your Bio-Remodelling treatment. We will tailor a unique treatment plan for you, that will combine some other adjunct treatment(s) which may include laser skin rejuvenation treatment or another light therapy treatment.
Is the Bio-Remodelling treatment painful?
Upon arrival to our clinic, your Cosmetic Registered Nurse will apply topical anaesthetic to the treatment area(s). A very fine needle is used to carry out this treatment and it is usually well tolerated by patients.
Every non-surgical procedure involves a certain amount of risk, and it is important that you understand these risks and the possible complications associated. The majority of patients do not experience the following, but you should discuss each possible risk with your physician to ensure that you understand the risks and can make an informed decision regarding your treatment.
Common side effects may occur immediately or maybe delayed and include but are not limited to the following:
- Inflammatory Reactions (swelling, Skin redness)
Other adverse reactions may include:
- Induration or nodules
- Skin Discoloration
- Weak filling effect
- Infections including abscesses, granuloma, hypersensitivity
Extremely rare but serious adverse events associated with intravascular injection of hyaluronic acid based products have been reported and include temporary and permanent visual impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral haemorrhage, leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying structures.
The following are very common side effects after treatment and should resolve with time.
- Puncture Marks
To prevent and/or help minimise any bruising after your treatment:
- Application of a cold compress to the treatment area immediately and for at least 15minutes after.
- The regular intermittent application of cold packs during the first 24-48 hours may be beneficial. A cycle to consider is 10min on and 5min off.
- Sleep with the head elevated for the first evening.
- Vigorous exercise can increase blood pressure and aggravate any bruising that is developing – therefore, exercise should be avoided for the first 24 hours.
- You should avoid extreme heat for the first 24hrs (or until bruising has resolved).
- Topical creams that may help with bruising – reduction in the development and helping in the resolution.
- Arnica cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution
- Vitamin k cream – apply liberally to affected area 3-4x per day until resolution
Final Results – Your final results can take two-four weeks. Generally speaking, a minimum of three treatments are required to achieve your desired results.
Aftercare – Please contact the clinic immediately 1300 373 662 if you experience any inflammatory reaction and/or side effect. Late onset inflammatory response may occur at least 2 months after injection. If necessary, additional treatments, medications and/or surgery may be necessary.
If out of hours, please attend your local medical centre or emergency department.
- You may return to your normal activities (including driving immediately post treatment
- Please cleanse face with water and gentle cleanser. Avoid any active ingredients.
- Avoid makeup for at least 12 hours
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and extreme temperatures for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treatment area. 1
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, IPL, laser or any other skin treatments for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
As part of your post-treatment care plan, you will be provided with verbal and written post-treatment instructions.